Teriyaki Chicken

This is by far the best Teriyaki sauce I have ever had. I just love it, and I hope you do to!

Ingredients:
5-6 cloves of Garlic, pressed
1 tablespoon of fresh Grated Ginger or Ginger Powder
2 teaspoons Salt
1 tablespoons Cornstarch, mixed with 2 teaspoons of Water
1 1/4 cup Soy Sauce
1 1/4 cup Sugar
1/4 cup Vinegar
Chicken Breasts

Directions:
Put all of the ingredients (except for the chicken) in a blender. Blend well.

Put the chicken in a zip lock bag and put just enough of the Teriyaki sauce to cover the chicken breasts. Let the chicken marinate in the sauce in the fridge for a few hours. Keep the remaining chicken for basting and for the next use.

Cook the chicken breasts and keep brushing with more Teriyaki sauce. After the chicken is fully cooked, cut it into strips and serve over rice. Garnish with sesame seeds and more Teriyaki sauce if desired.

4 comments:

Whitney said...

this is probably a stupid question but when you cooked your "teriyaki chicken" did you use the oven? Or a grill? Or just over the stove? Does it matter? This looks way yummy i wanna make it!

Whitney Bennett said...

I cook it over our grill. I really only cook meat on the grill, because I think it tastes better. I haven't ever tried in on the stove or in the oven. It may work, but it may also burn the marinade. That is a good question. I just cook it on the grill and keep basting it with the sauce and then cut it up after it is grilled, and then baste it was the sauce one more time. It is delicious!

amy cullum said...

I made this last night for dinner! it was soo good!! i made mine in the oven. i cooked it at 350 for 40 min. and it turned out perfect! Thanks for the recipe whitney!

Sierra and Ryan said...

I made this tonight and it was yummy. But I was wondering, even if you use Ginger Powder should you still use 1 Tablespoon? I used that amount and it tasted very gingery (not bad tasting but more like asian ginger chicken than teriyaki)--is the powder more concentrated?

 
Designed By Special Made Designs©2009-2010 All rights reserved.